Ben van Delden
Partner, Head of AgriFood Tech & Markets, KPMG Australia
As KPMG Australia’s Head of AgriFood Tech and Head of Markets, Ben brings strong experience working with clients to identify and assess market and investment opportunities, commercial insights and analysis to accelerate commercialisation of research.
- Ben has over 21 years experience at KPMG as a chartered accountant Ben has worked on various client assignments in markets across Australia, Europe, Japan, New Zealand and South America.
- Ben has held roles in Audit, Markets & Innovation across New Zealand and Australia, and currently leads the AgriFood Tech Sector team.
- Moved to Melbourne from Auckland in 2014
As KPMG Australia’s Head of Markets and Head of AgriFood Tech, Ben has extensive experience working with clients to identify and assess market and investment opportunities, commercial insights and analysis to accelerate commercialisation of research and adoption of agtech and foodtech.
In Ben’s career at KPMG he has held roles of Audit partner, Head of Markets and Innovation for New Zealand, Head of Markets and Head of AgriFood Tech in Australia.
Ben and his teams support clients across accelerators, government, research, VC, corporates and startups to identify and assess market and investment opportunities, bring commercial insights and analysis and accelerate commercialisation of research and technology. Ben is leading engagements for Agriculture Victoria in the fields of AgTech and Internet of Things, and works with several of Australia’s Rural Research & Development Corporations and global agribusinesses.
He designed and led the KPMG AgriFood Traction Tour to the Netherlands to help connect agrifood leaders in both nations to advance developments in agrifood technology.
Ben is a Non Executive Director on the newly established $210m Food Agility CRC Ltd, that aims to transform and digitalise the food production systems and drive new value and business models for the Australian food and agriculture sector.
He is the author and co-author of several publications, including:
- Going Dutch: opportunities for the Australian agri-food sector
- Food for Health : trends and opportunities for health and wellness for the ASEAN region
- Venture Pulse Q2 2018 – global VC deal flow
- Talking 2030: Growing our agriculture industry
- Dial up the Chutzpah: Lessons from Israel for Australian AgTech
- Powering Growth: Realising the potential of AgTech for Australia